Here is some advice we recommend to our clients before attending their laser session:
2 Weeks before your session:
- Avoid exposing the area to sunlight, tanning beds or self- tan creams. A new patch test may be required 24 hours before the session. If unsure please speak with one of the laser specialists before attending your session for more advice.
- Avoid using henna.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Skin Needling or Medical procedures in the area we are treating with the laser.
1 Week before your session:
- Avoid using any form of Retin A, Retinol, Bleaching or Exfoliating creams in the area we are treating with the laser. We also recommend you avoid using any oils, essential oils or oil based products.
- Start applying our unique ‘Post Laser Cream’ to give hydration and preparation to the skin.
- If there is any medication changes, you must make the clinic aware as a patch test may be required.
48-24 Hours before your session:
- Prepare the area to be treated by shaving gently. Hair cannot be present on the skin during your session.
- If you suffer with acne and you have a flare up, we may not be able to complete the full session. It may be better to reschedule, a week or two later once your skin condition has improved.
- If you need to change or amend your laser session, please do so in advance. Any changes within 24 hours of the appointment cannot be modified, and cancellation or not attending will automatically deduct the session.
On the day of your treatment:
- Avoid excessive make-up, deodorant, perfumes and creams in the areas to be treated. Let the practitioner know if there may be some residue remaining.
- Don’t apply the post laser cream, we will do that for you after your session.
- Wear loose clothing to ensure you are comfortable following your treatment.
- The duration of the session depends on the areas we are completing. Please allow time for the full session, if you are running late, please notify the clinic. If a session is not fulfilled, it may need to be rebooked for a different day or time.